Our airport, Oakland County International Airport, was once called Pontiac Airport. That is why it has the identifier of PTK. The City of Pontiac purchased 160 acres (65 ha) of land on September 12, 1928, and on November 27 of that year the airport opened. It received its dedication the following June and was named Pontiac Airport. The Oakland County government bought the airport on February 25, 1967.